Just came back after attending a carnatic classical vocal concert by the famous Malladi Brothers (Sreerama Prasad and Ravikumar) at “Sundarayya Vignana Kendram” in Baghlingampally in the city. They sang well though I thought they were not probably in peak form today. Really enjoyed the evening.
Here is the list of songs and accompanists for fans of Carnatic music:
violin: peri srI rAmamurthy
mridangam: d.s.r. mUrthy
morsing: g. satya sAi
1. varnam (sAmi ninnE) – srI – Adi – karur dEvudu iyer
2. entarAni – harikAmbodhi – Adi – thyAgarAja
3. nI madi challaga – AnandabhairavI – Adi – kavi mAtrubhUtaiyyA (?)
4. parandAmavati – dharmavati – rUpakam – m. dIkshitar
5. teliyalEru rAmA – dhEnukA – Adi – thyAgarAja
6. urakE galgunA – sahAna – misra cApu – thyAgaraja
Had to leave at this point to be back in ISB. ISB is located at the outskirts of the Hyderabad city and going to and coming back from the city takes a lot of time.